Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Party Rockers In The House Tonight...


Here are some things I have been doing around Oxford the past 2 weeks...


After Family Law class ended (10:50), Elizabeth, Sidney, and I decided that it was about time that we saw the sights of Oxford (I mean, we have been here a month already). So we took a double-decker bus tour! It was a lot of fun, even though it was really hot.  I know, I know, Little Rock is in the triple digits, but it got up to 80 here the other day, and to me, that was smokin'! No central air here, people!

the tour bus company.. i recommend this! only took like an hour

a beautiful Oxford building. couldn't tell you what though







soldiers used to have to run up this mound while having "excrement" dumped on them. ewww

clever street name

this is where Alice bought her sweets in "Alice in Wonderland." such a cute little shoppe 


After classes, we had dinner in the Hall at school and headed downstairs.
Zabeth, me, Sid, Lauren, and Stephanie at Gertie's

Patrick and Sam at Gertie's

 Sorry, no pictures will be posted from where we went next, Copa and Purple Turtle. My classmates would kill me.  But Purple Turtle time consisted of a dance party with about 15 or 20 of us bringing back moves from the 90s and beyond.  Sidney and I even did the Cher and Tai dance from Clueless.  It was great.  Just use your imagination.

Last Tuesday, about 8 of us met down in Gertie's after classes to hang out with Professor Black-Branch and listen to his crazy stories about traveling the world.  Then, we headed out to a 3 hour Indian dinner.  It took FOR-EV-ER (Squints from the Sandlot), but it was so tasty!
Doug (cool pose), Imran, Nashwa, Amanda, and Valerie 
lamb korma (Mom, Taj Mahal's lamb korma was better.. we are going when I get home!)
After that, we went to the King's Arms for just a little bit, then headed back to get some decent shuteye. 

Wednesday night was.. brace yourself... HARRY POTTER NIGHT! I swear, this is like college all over again.  We stay in dorms and have themed parties. Love it.

i got sorted into gryffindor (duhhh)

We all went dancing at Wahoo! after this.  No pictures from that, either.  But while we are on the subject of Harry Potter, I did some touristy stuff the other day. Liiiiike went to Hogwarts! Not really, I went into Christ Church, which is where the main staircase and the Great Hall are filmed.

look familiar?


sorry for the awful photo quality. the house elves clearly need to work on the lighting issues in there

oh hey, john wesley


Last night (Tuesday) was our farewell dinner (tear!) It started with a reception with plenty of libations.  I spent most of the time trying not to sink in the ground (I was wearing heels) and running away from all of the bees.  There are so many bees here! I guess because of the beautiful landscaping? Anyway, dinner was at 7:00, and it was grrrrrreat!  We had the same dinner we had a few weeks ago: salmon, fillet, and 3 different chocolate desserts.  And unlimited vino.  Dinner was followed by many toasts.  I even got brave enough to give one on behalf of the Arkansas girls.  Go me, go me. But apparently I just said "thank y'all" over and over.  Oops! I tried.

b-e-a-utiful zabeth and cindy at our farewell dinner. such a pretty picture!
i mean really, could i be any more sophisticated??
sam giving another one of his great speeches, patrick picking his nails (these boys are all over this blog post for some reason)

oh, just hanging in the pub with my professors.  professor richter (evidence) and professor spector (family law).  they were wonderful!

elizabeth, sidney, nashwa, and me in gertie's

sam (gosh i must just love taking pictures of him) and justin. both sweaty from bustin' a move at the purple turtle

amanda, me, zabeth, and nashwa at the PT
What a night it was.  Our professors bought us shots and went out dancing with us (well, not Professor Spector, even though I would have paid $$ to see that!)  It was a great night to wrap up the program.  I have had the time of my life.  But now.... it's EXAM TIME. BARF! So, this will probably be my last post.  Maybe not though, who knows.  Either way, thanks for reading! Pray for safe travels.  I'll be back to Little Rock on the 16th and can't wait to see everybody!

XoXo,
Barbara














No comments:

Post a Comment